My Writings. My Thoughts.

In Times Like These...

On » October 27, 2009 //
Today is my birthday. 27 years of seeing the beauty of the world. 324 months of hearing the wonders of sound and voices. 9855 days of breathing. Goodness me, sometimes we do take this things lightly. Some say I am still young. Some say I am already old. Whatever it is, I pray to God how thankful I am to be alive and to still be able to use my five senses. Hmm.. five senses.

I have seen, through my eyes, the good and the bad images of people and places in this world. I have heard, through my ears, from the serenity of voices to the crying voices of people in this world. I have touched, through my hands, both the beautiful and rotten things people lay on my hands in this world. I have smelled, through my nose, both pleasant and unpleasant things that I have came across in this world. I have tasted, through my mouth, from the wonders to the disgusting things that I can put my mouth to in this world.

And I asked myself, "Have I put all that to good use?"

It's hard to say coz we humans, will and always make mistakes. Time and time again we will make mistakes. Time and time again we will ask for forgiveness. Time and time again we will promise ourselves to repent. And... the cycle starts again.

Its fair enough to say that whenever tragedy strucks, we will reflect on ourselves first. What can we do? What can we learn? What can we contribute? What can we do....in times like these?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taken from Foo Fighters' "Times Like These"
I am a one way motorway
I'm the one that drives away
then follows you back home
I am a street light shining
I'm a wild light blinding bright burning off alone
It's times like these you learn to live again
It's times like these you give and give again
It's times like these you learn to love again
It's times like these time and time again
I am a new day rising
I'm a brand new sky to hang the stars upon tonight
I am a little divided
do I stay or run away
and leave it all behind?
It's times like these you learn to live again
it's times like these you give and give again
it's times like these you learn to love again
it's times like these time and time again


After reading the above, we started to think. Think. And think. That's the other thing that I forgot to say thankful to God. For giving us the beautiful mind to think. For whenever we want to use any of our five senses, we can think before we do it. For it's the mind that operates the five senses. The beautiful mind. A gift from God.

1 Response to "In Times Like These..."

infatuatedlittlebeing Says:

"Have I put all that to good use?" is a good question that I do not ask myself everyday. Abah tells us all to do that. What good have you done today? What vices have I committed, and will I do it again? What can I do to stop myself from doing it?
Sadly I don't. I tend to forget.
24 hours of your day gone to waste.

Leave A Reply

My videos. Featured videos.

Music.To.Be.Heard.


My lifestream. Stay updated with me.

The Date

Follow Me On Facebook

Follow Me On Twitter

Your Ideas

My photos. Now you know me.

My favblog. Feeds from them.

    Site is best viewed at Internet Explorer 1024x768 pixels